Vocational school for social science (two years)
Youth and child-care worker – that is a diverse and challenging job. You have the responsibility of supporting children, youths and young adults. The job offers the best chances for a workplace with further possibilities. You support and encourage young people in developing into individual and social personalities.
Our specialized school for youth and child-care workers will train you to be an independent, committed and competent educator, especially in
- institutions and facilities of day-care, such as all-day schools
- institutions of youth welfare, such as in day groups according to §32 KJHG (German social law)
- or in child- and youth-centers and residential groups
- also in special education residential groups and
- special education work-fields like schools and living centers for people with handicaps an in healthcare like rehabilitation institutions
- as well as open youth work
With the education that our specialized school offers, you will be prepared for your occupation as a youth and child-care worker.
Due to additional courses in mathematics an advanced technical college certificate can be obtained, which entitles to studies at all universities of appliced science.
The scholastic full-time education with work-integrated study-periods takes two years. A one-year internship follows the final exams. After a passed colloquium the state approval as “educator, main focus on youth- and child-care worker” is awarded.
Due to additional courses and exams in Mathematics, German and English the advanced technical college certificate and therewith the general scholastic aptitude at a university of applied science can be reached.
Because of our cooperation with the Catholic University of Applied Science in Freiburg it is possible for our students to take part in a shortened Bachelor course in „Education“ after the successful completion of a school career at Zinzendorf Schools.
- Evidence of a middle school diploma or another equivalent educational background
- as well as a one-year (suitable) guided internship work in institutions and social- and healthcare services (internship, FSJ (voluntary year of social work) or similar)
- or a relevant completed training
- or a completed training at a vocational college for social education
- Applicants with the German “Abitur” or an advanced technical college certificate can enter with a 6-week internship
- Sufficient German language level
Contents of Education
The school education teaching contents support you in developing your competencies. You will acquire:
- Professional competencies such as basics in education, psychology, law and media education, planing and implementing musical-artistic projects
- Social competencies like handling and motivating children and youths with special needs and support with problem and conflict situations.
- Personal competencies e.g. professionally taking the role of educator, empathy and reflection, dealing with pressure.
You can choose concentrations according to your special interests:
- Theater Education
- Working with pupils
- Conflict Management
- Nutrition - cooking with children and youths
- Communication workshop
- Nature education
- Experiential education
During the education you can gain diverse hands-on experience. The internships that total 10 weeks and additional team internships can take place in different working environments. During this time you are closely supported by the teaching staff.